Common Carrier Shipment
Common Carrier Shipments
Products or orders too large or heavy to ship via FedEx will be delivered to you via common carrier. This type of shipping is different than FedEx, and one difference is that you are responsible for taking the product off of the back of the truck and into your business. After your item has shipped via common carrier, we will email you tracking information so you can prepare for the delivery.
The important thing about common carrier deliveries to remember is that you should sign for your shipment after you have checked to make sure that it arrived to you safely! The truck drivers are able to wait up to 15 minutes while you inspect your shipment for any damage and to make sure the correct amount of pieces were delivered.
If you notice any damage, you are allowed to break the shrink wrap on the skids to inspect individual items. If any item is clearly damaged or missing, or if you have any doubt about any item being damaged or missing, you MUST do the following:
- Note it clearly on the proof of delivery before signing (ie - "missing 3 pieces", "holes in packaging", "multiple dents on table", etc).
- Keep your copy of the proof of delivery.
- Contact us within 1 business day.
- Keep the damaged packing materials for inspection.
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging.
If part or all of your shipment is damaged and you did not note this in any way on the proof of delivery, we CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages.
May 18th 2011