Birko’s Beefxide® Reduces Bacterial Load Without Affecting Color or Flavor. Beefxide® is a USDA-approved blend of lactic and citric acids, developed as an antimicrobial processing aid. It has been demonstrated effective against E. coli 0157:H7 as well as non-0157 STECs and Salmonella. It was approved by the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) May 10, 2011. This Letter of No Objection allows Birko’s antimicrobial interventions to be used as a spray on all carcasses, primals, subprimals, cuts, trim and offal products, as well as unskinned livers, without labeling. These approvals are included in FSIS Directive 7120.1, Safe and Suitable Ingredients Used in the Production of Meat, Poultry and Egg Products.
- Provides economical intervention against E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria
- Reduces gram negative pathogens by up to 2.4 log (99.6%)
- Broad spectrum reductions in both enteric and aerobic bacteria
- Beefxide applied to beef trim before grinding reduced bacterial load without affecting color or flavor
- Beef trim treated with Beefxide pre-grind resulted in ground beef loaves that were more natural in color and less brown than untreated controls
- Non-corrosive to tanks and equipment
- Direct spray application to beef carcasses
- Comparable to lactic acid with a lower application cost-per-head
- Accepted by USDA for direct application to carcasses during processing
- Apply using a variety of standard industry methods
- No perceived discoloration or change of taste to meat when used as directed
- A processing aid that does not require a label declaration
- Shipped as a concentrate; requires no special water conditioning for mixing
- Dilute 3.2 ounces of concentrated BEEFXIDE (1:40) to one gallon of water to attain a 2.5% solution
Please note you are purchasing 1 Case or 4 Gallons!!!
Because of the Nature of this Product. There is No Returns or Exchanges on this Product!!!